Mefix Self-Adhesive Tape 10m
Water Vapour Permeable – Extensible & Comfortable
£3.60 – £13.50 inc VAT
Self-adhesive dressing tape fabric
10 Meter Length Rolls
Available Widths: 2.5cm, 5cm, 10cm, 15cm
Sold in single rolls and also available in value saving 2.5cm & 5cm x4 multi-roll packs
Mefix consists of an apertured, non-woven polyester fabric and is coated with a layer of an acrylic adhesive, and protected on the roll by a release paper backing. The apertured structure makes the tape extensible and conformable, and has a high tensile strength.
Because the tape is permeable to water vapour, it is unlikely to cause tissue maceration or be affected by sweating. Does not need to be removed for X-Rays. Must be cut with scissors.
- Skin-friendly, water based, solvent-free polyacrylate adhesive for secure and gentle fixation
- Soft, elastic non-absorbent nonwoven for patient comfort
- The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapour permeability and breathability.
- The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through.
- The water-based polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin and at the same time provide secure fixation.
- The easy-to-remove protection paper is pre-measured in 10cm intervals, and has a perforated split for easy removal and application.
- Convenient measurement and cutting to the desired shape and size.
Areas of use
Mefix can be used in a wide variety of situations where fixation is required, including fixation of dressings, felts, swabs, catheters, and tubes.